Friday, November 5, 2010

An influential person in my life - Princeton Supp

It is not what money can buy that will win you the championship. It is what money cannot buy that will make you a champion in life.


Mr. Low never told us me things like "Prepare to be a left back. Prepare to be a substitute. Prepare to take a free kick. Prepare to go insane". Those are my words. They are not just words I made up for a sake of writing an essay, but more of the summary of what I have gone through in Soccer. It was a burning desire of me to write this down, a memorable journey of my life, or rather a detour from my normal life to face so many challenges but also to learn so many new lessons. Mr. Low words naturally appeared in my mind when I started writing about my two years in the soccer team. His over-inspirational pre-game team talks, post-game nagging have been hard wired too deeply in my mind that they just naturally popped up in my hear. Of all the things that he has taught us, there are simple words that always stay in my mind: "Do you really want it?". At the end of the day, preparing to take a lackluster position, to hold a supporting cast, to dare stepping up in crucial moments, to be willing to throw in anything to make something happen, it's really not about showing anything to people. Not even to achieve the championship. But to show to myself whether I really want it. Soccer. Dream. Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment